Minga Holiday Gift Swap and Beeswax Cloth Adventure
December 2 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm$30.00
Do you love to give homemade goodies for the holidays? Are you inspired by the yummy, crafty creations that you find in baskets and under trees at this time of year? Would you enjoy getting together with other crafty gift makers for a cup of mulled cider to swap recipes, tips, patterns, and making something new to take home?
Join us for Minga’s second annual Holiday Gift Swap! This year we are even adding in a bonus mini-workshop so you can learn to make beeswax cloth for use in your own kitchen or for extra goodies to give away this holiday season.
Here’s how this event works:
- You prepare and bring 5-10 items to swap
- You show up at the party and contribute your goods to the “pot”
- You get comfy and have some great conversation with awesome people who also like making things
- Learn to make beeswax cloth in a mini-workshop where you produce three pieces of cloth to take home (or trade)
- All goods will be entered into a draw. You will get to draw as many items as you have contributed (for example, if you brought 5 jars of jam, you get to draw 5 new items out of the pot)
- You wheel and deal to trade any items you don’t want for stuff that you do want. Enjoy more yummy treats and conversation
A few simple rules:
- Your contribution must be homemade (re-packaging a store-bought product won’t cut it).
- Keep it small and gifty.
- If your items are edible, be sure to include a list of ingredients on every item.
Some ideas to get you going:
Jam * Chutney * Soap * Baked goods * Hand Crafts * Personal Care Products * Holiday Decorations
When: Saturday December 2, 11am – 2pm
Where: St. Birgit’s Villa, Ignatius Jesuit Centre, 5420 ON-6, Guelph, ON
Cost: $30.00 (+ HST & Eventbrite fees)
What you get: Homemade goodies to take home for yourself or re-gift for the holiday season, 3 pieces of beeswax cloth made-by-you, and a belly-full of yummy holiday treats.
What to Bring: 5-10 homemade goodies to swap.
*** If this workshop is financially inaccessible to you and you would like to negotiate a payment plan or bartered arrangement, please contact Minga at email@example.com
Your Instructor: Jennifer Hummitzsch-Hadley
Jennifer has been crafting for as long as she can remember. She loves to find new ways to turn common household items into useful tools or other things. Her most recent hobbies have included playing in the Royal City Ukulele Ensemble, crocheting fun hats for her kids, beading and making reusable food storage wraps. She is a mother to 2 young kids as well as a dog and silly cat. She’s been living in Guelph with her husband and family for the last 7 years.
- Minga will provide a 100% refund for workshops cancelled by Minga.
- If a registrant cancels a workshop with more than 5 days notice, a 100% refund will be issued.
- If a registrant cancels with less than 5 days notice or does not show up, no refund will be issued.
- We are unable to provide a refund after the workshop takes place.
- The above policies apply for pre-registered workshops. Refunds or credits will not be issued for a missed class.