- This event has passed.
Minga Holiday Gift Swap
December 17, 2017 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Do you love to give homemade goodies for the holidays? Do you love to be inspired by the yummy, crafty creations that you find in baskets and under trees at this time of year? Would you enjoy getting together with other crafty gift makers for a cup of mulled cider to swap recipes, tips, and patterns? If so, we hope that you will join us for our first ever Minga Holiday Gift Basket Swap.
Here’s how it will work:
- You prepare and bring 5-10 items to swap
- You show up at the party and contribute your goods to the “pot”
- You get comfy and have some great conversation with awesome people who also like making things
- All goods will be entered into a draw. You will get to draw as many items as you have contributed (for example, if you brought 5 jars of jam, you get to draw 5 new items out of the pot)
- You go home with a collection of homemade goodies to gift away or keep for your own enjoyment.
A few simple rules:
- Your contribution must be homemade. Re-packaging a store-bought product won’t cut it.
- Keep it small and gifty
- If your items are edible, be sure to include a list of ingredients on every item.
Some ideas to get you going:
Jam * Chutney * Soap * Baked goods * Hand Crafts * Personal Care Products * Holiday Decorations
When: Sunday December 17, 5:00 – 8:00 pm
Where: 331 York Road, Guelph.
Cost: FREE (just bring your contributions)
Parking: This is a residential area, please park on surrounding side streets, honouring posted signage