- This event has passed.
Making Homemade Sausage
May 10, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$180
Join us for a three-hour hands-on sausage making experience with Minga Butcher Jamie Waldron. We’ll explore all the different facets of sausage making; spice combinations, meat to fat ratios, and proper casing techniques.
We will be making 4 different types of sausage and you will take home approximately 10-15lbs of fresh sausage ($100 retail value).
You want to take this class because:
- You have a passion for working with truly sustainable meat products and care about what you and your family eat.
- You love sausage and want to make it at home for a cheaper and fresher option.
- You’re a doer and are curious about the sausage making process and yearn to learn a valuable, hands-on skills.
- Access to a professional teacher with over 15 years of experience in butchery. He is an author of a book on home butchery. He is also an amazing facilitator.
- Local and sustainable pork. We choose to support farmers who honour and respect the ‘piginess of the pig’.
- You will go home with fresh sausage, packaged for immediate consumption or the freezer, and the confidence and knowledge to successfully make your own at home
To Bring: Your favourite apron. You will have the option of purchasing Jamie’s newest book Home Butchering Handbook for $20.
Born in South Detroit (Windsor, Ontario) and raised in the small rural town of Harrow, Jamie got his start at the butcher block in a small country butcher shop as a teenager. Since then, Jamie has dedicated over 15 years to learning the art of butchery: working, researching, and practising an age old craft. He’s worked at some of the top butcher shops in Canada. Jamie’s partnered with fine restaurants in Ontario, hosting informative and delicious butcher block dinner series, where he educates diners on the meat they’re consuming. Through his partnerships with ethical farms, he continues to offer direct to order meats through his website.
- Minga will provide a 100% refund for workshops cancelled by Minga.
- If a registrant cancels a workshop with more than 48 hours notice, a 100% refund will be issued.
- If a registrant cancels with less than 48 hours notice or does not show up, no refund will be issued.
- The above policies apply for pre-registered workshops. Refunds or credits will not be issued for a missed class.
* Please note that we’ll be sending out information about specifics of the workshop a few days before the workshop, including a reminder of what to bring.
In Partnership With