Local Food Festival Reskilling Hub
June 24 @ 12:15 pm - 3:15 pm$5
Do you ever wish you could attend more Minga workshops but money and time get in the way? This is our fourth year partnering with the Taste Real Local Food Festival to offering the ever popular ReSkilling Hub. You can come immerse yourself in food skills. For only a $5 entrance fee, you can partake in all the reskilling you can muster (plus enjoy all the other wonderful offerings the Festival has to offfer, like food vendors, craft beer, local food merchants, children’s area, and live music) We are offering 6 different hands-on workshop, each workshop is 45 minute in length and most of them allow you to take home the fruits of your labour.
This years workshops:
- Cider Making by Heartwood Cidery
- Raising Backyard Chickens by Rent-The-Chicken
- Growing Oyster Mushrooms by David Fields of Windfall Permaculture
- Fermenting Cabbage by Josh at Green Table Foods
- Sausage Making by Katherine from Bella Roma Foods
- Foraging For Wild Edibles by Luke Eckstein
When: Sunday June 24th
The workshop times are 12:30-1:15, 1:30-2:15, 2:30-3:15
Where: Ignatius Jesuit Centre – 5420 ON-6, Guelph, ON N1H 6J2
Cost: $5/person or $10/family to enter the event. All workshops are covered in your admission price.